Cancellations and Transfers
- Tenant initiated reservation cancellations must be confirmed in writing by the Tenant to Agent prior to arrival day/time. The tenant is responsible for verifying that the cancellation letter has been received by Agent.
- Upon receipt of written confirmation of the Tenant’s cancellation, Agent will attempt to re-rent the premises.
- If the premises are re-rented for entire term of the agreement at no loss to the owner and Agent and the newly booked Tenant's payment has cleared, the cancelled Tenant's payments will be refunded less the required fees and taxes.
- If the premises are not re-rented for the entire term of the agreement, all payments by the Tenant may be forfeited.
- All cancellations will be charged the reservation fees, cancellation fee, fees owed to third parties, and all applicable taxes.
- If Tenant has purchased the Trip Cancellation Insurance, premium is non-refundable.
- If the property is re-rented for only a part of the original rental period, the only refund due to the canceling Tenant are those funds in excess of the original rental rate, less a cancellation fee.
- If the rental rate has been negotiated to a lower rental rate, Tenant is only refunded any amount in excess of the original rent minus the cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be payable to the Tenant within 30 days after the subsequent re-rent payment has cleared our accounts.
- Tenant will only be entitled to reimbursement of any fees paid to Agent for goods, services, or benefits procured by the Agent from third-parties for the benefit of Tenant that have not been paid out prior to Carolina Retreats Vacations LLC receiving the written notice of cancellation.
- TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO PROTECT AGAINST UNEXPECTED EVENTS.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us by email at Info@TopsailRealty.com. Payments may be covered by Red Sky Travel Insurance if purchased. Reimbursement by Red Sky is subject to policy terms and conditions and does not negate Tenant's need to cancel reservation with Topsail Realty.
A one-time transfer may be requested from one week to another within the same property only and must be within the same calendar year. Transfers may be requested via email a minimum of 30 days prior to arrival at Info@TopsailRealty.com and require prior approval by Topsail Realty and possibly the individual owner of the property. Transfers which occur from a higher rental rate to a lower rental rate will remain at the charge of the higher rental rate. Transfers from a lower rental rate to a higher rental rate will be charged the higher rental rate. A transfer fee plus applicable tax would also apply. All other transfers are considered cancellations. Reservations can not be moved from one home to another home.
Termination of Rentals
We reserve the right to refuse rental, not allow check-in, or to terminate occupancy if, in Agent’s opinion, the occupancy may be detrimental to the premises. No refunds will be given if occupancy is not allowed or terminated as a result of rental regulation violation or if the reservation was obtained under false pretenses.
- The maximum number of occupants allowed in each vacation home is shown in the vacation home description beside Maximum Occupancy:.
- Premises may not be used or occupied at any time by more than the maximum number of occupants indicated. Adults and children, including babies of all ages, must be counted.
- Premises served by septic systems may not exceed occupancy of two occupants per bedroom in accordance with North Carolina Law.
- Bed sizes are indicated to allow flexibility in sleeping arrangements and do not indicate occupancy limits.
- Topsail Realty is authorized to rent to family groups only.
- Weddings and other celebratory events (see the next section for details) exceeding maximum occupancy at any time are not permitted.
- No teen or college age groups are permitted even if chaperoned by adults.
- Rental to individuals under the age of 24 is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to require official identification showing picture and date of birth.
- Overcrowding or misrepresentation is cause for immediate eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid.
Weddings and Other Celebratory Events
A vacation home and its premises may be used for a wedding or other celebratory event if the maximum number of people participating in the celebration and/or in events related to the celebration do not exceed the maximum allowed number of occupants for the property. The maximum number of occupants legally allowed to use or occupy a vacation home is shown in the vacation home description beside Maximum Occupancy. Adults and children, including babies of all ages, must be counted.
Weddings and other celebratory events taking place at, in, or on the premises of a vacation rental exceeding maximum occupancy at any time are not permitted. A vacation home and its premises, including but not limited to decks, porches, walkways, yard, driveway, parking areas, and access to the beach or sound, may not be used or occupied at any time by more than the maximum number of occupants. The house and its premises may not be used as an alternate location for a celebratory event if the weather or other circumstances do not permit the event to take place elsewhere.
Topsail Realty reserves the right to refuse rental, not allow check-in, or to terminate occupancy if, in our opinion, the occupancy may be detrimental to the premises. No refunds will be given if occupancy is not allowed or terminated as a result of rental regulation violation or if the reservation was obtained under false pretenses.
Partial Week Getaways
Partial Week Getaways are requests for 2 – 6 nights stay. During April thru October and holiday weeks including Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year homes that allow partial week getaways only allow these stays within 10 days of arrival within the typical arrival and departure day for the property. During November thru March excluding holiday weeks of Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, advance partial week getaways are permitted in some homes with differing arrival and departure days for the property. A home's Partial Week Getaway policy is listed in the home's detailed written description.
We are excited to additionally offer The Loggerhead Inn & Suites in Surf City - a Carolina Retreats Vacations hotel brand - view details and book your stay: https://www.carolinaretreats.com/loggerhead-inn-rentals
Added Nights to Existing Weekly Reservations
If you have a current weekly reservation and would like to add days to the beginning or end of your stay, please call us 800-526-6432 or email us at Info@TopsailRealty.com to inquire for availability and pre-approval. Typically days cannot be added more than 7 days in advance of the days you wish to add.
Rental Turn Days - Saturday or Sunday
Please review the home's Turn Day in the Amenities bulleted items on the home's web page. This indicated the home's set Arrival and Departure day. Rentals for weekly and partial week stays should expect to align with the home's Turn Day.
We may be able to accommodate weekly stays for non-typical arrival and departure days for a property during non-summer dates. Please email us at Info@TopsailRealty.com to inquire for availability and pre-approval. Typically these stays cannot be accommodated more than 7 days in advance of arrival.
Please note that all homes are individually owned and home descriptions provide the No Smoking, Pets, Grilling, and Partial Weeks policies that have been selected by those individual home owners. While in some cases there may be flexibility, please understand that the policies displayed are the policies the home owners have selected.
No Smoking Policies
None of our properties permit smoking inside vacation homes. Some homes do not permit smoking anywhere in the house or outside on the property. The home’s policy for No Smoking is provided in the vacation home descriptions. Any tenant violating the no smoking policy may cause all tenants to be evicted with forfeiture of all monies paid and additional charges for cleaning. Smoking includes all kinds of inhaled lighted material, including cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc.
Unadvertised fireplaces, even if shown in photos, are not available for tenant use at any time. Fireplaces that are advertised have specific limitations to the time of year they can be used - see the home's written detailed description for information.
Our strong prevailing winds make grilling anywhere at our vacation homes and duplexes a dangerous proposition. Some properties do not allow grilling. Where grilling is permitted, it is strongly recommended that grilling be done as far from the building as possible. Under no circumstances is grilling permitted on wooden decks and boardwalks or underneath buildings or homes. Eviction without refund may result if grilling regulations and restrictions are violated. Tenants will be held financially and legally accountable for problems or damages caused by violation of our grilling regulations and restrictions. Homes allowing grilling indicate details of the grilling policy and if a grill is provided in the detailed written descriptions. If a grill is provided, the tenant is responsible for cleaning. Tenants may be charged for additional cleaning if the grill is not left cleaned.
If you are staying on Topsail Island when there is an approaching hurricane, you should call the local Town Hall or Police Department for information regarding mandatory evacuation plans:
If there is a mandatory evacuation, tenants must promptly comply with the evacuation order and take all their possessions (including all food) with them since re-entry cannot be guaranteed.
Topsail Realty does not offer refunds in the event of a hurricane evacuation or other events covered by Red Sky Travel Insurance (see www.SunTripPreserver.com or call 866-889-7409 for details). We highly recommend purchase of travel insurance to protect your vacation investment.
To make sure you have a relaxing, worry-free vacation Topsail Realty offers Red Sky Travel Insurance to cover numerous events including illness, injury, or death of tenant or a family member; hurricanes; and other defined perils. Red Sky Travel Insurance charges are shown on the Vacation Rental Agreement. We highly recommend purchase of the insurance so you may be financially reimbursed in the case of unexpected and covered events. For more information call Red Sky at (866) 889-7409 - refer to the "Sun Trip Preserver" travel insurance or visit www.SunTripPreserver.com.
If you choose not to purchase the insurance prior to making your final payment, which is due no later than 30 days prior to your arrival, no refunds will be given for events that would have been covered by the insurance, including hurricane evacuations. Insurance payments are non-refundable.
Cable/Satellite TV, Smart TV Apps, Telephones, Internet, Mail, and Faxes
Not all homes have landlines. Those that do are only available for local calls unless otherwise specified in the home's description. If the home has a landline phone, the vacation home's telephone number will be provided to you as a tenant. No toll calls, direct dialed long-distance calls, directory assistance calls, or incoming collect calls are permitted. You will need to use your cell phone to make these calls.
Vacation homes that provide high speed internet access for tenants will indicate such in their descriptions. Homes advertising "Wired High Speed Internet Access" require the use of an Ethernet cable connected directly to the tenant’s device (such as a laptop - device must have an Ethernet cable port). Tenants will need to plan to bring their own Ethernet cable for wired internet access. Homes advertising "Wireless High Speed Internet Access" provide wireless connectivity to the home's internet service for the tenant’s wireless device (such as a laptop, tablet, or smart phone) - tenant may not have access to the modem. Please make sure you know how to access and connect using your device's wireless settings. Troubleshooting assistance for tenants’ wireless devices is not provided. WIFI password information will be provided at the property. PLEASE NOTE: WIFI provided is limited to residential wireless internet access only - ANY DOWNLOADS OF ONLINE CONTENT SUCH AS MOVIES OR MUSIC IS ILLEGAL unless you have directly purchased it through a qualified online retailer. All downloads are closely monitored by the internet provider and our office is notified in the event of illegal content downloads. Please make sure everyone in your group is aware so that internet service is not interrupted as a result.
If your property provides cable, satellite, Smart TV Apps and/or internet access, any such service provided is residential consumer level service and is not intended to be fiber business or other such service. Guest may not have access to modem for Ethernet connection if home advertises Wireless High Speed Internet. Tenant agrees that neither Tenant nor any of Tenant’s guests will use the internet for any illegal or fraudulent activity or for any improper purposes including copyright or trademark infringement, spamming, hacking, or any threatening behavior including, but not limited to, any such improper behavior as defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. Guests are prohibited from ordering any additional TV or app services or packages during their stay - in the event that additional services or packages are purchased by guests, guests will incur any fees associated therewith as well as an additional $100 service fee per instance. There are no refunds for outages or disruptions of TV or internet services.
Guest is responsible for damages and/or unathorized charges initiated by Guest's party. Guest should report any discrepancies to Carolina Retreats Vacations LLC staff immediately. Damages to the Property and unauthorized cable, phone, and/or internet charges/purchases by the Guest's party are the Guest’s responsibility and must be reported to Carolina Retreats Vacations LLC immediately and paid for prior to departure. If the cost of the unauthorized charges or damages is undeterminable by the time of departure, the Guest will be responsible for any such determined costs related to the Guest's stay and agrees to make prompt payment upon notification of such charges or damages.
If you are planning to send or receive faxes during your stay, please call our office to let us know and we'll be happy to provide you with assistance on how to take care of that information.
Don't Forget To Bring …
- bed linens (sheets & pillowcases) if the Bedding and Bath Linen Package is not included or purchased, bedding and pillows for sleeper sofas and futons
- additional blankets (especially during spring and fall)
- bath towels if the Bedding and Bath Linen Package is not included or purchased
- kitchen towels if the Bedding and Bath Linen Package is not included or purchased
- baby items (pack-n-play, high chair, baby gate, etc.) if not advertised in the home’s description; please see our Concierge Services for information on renting such items.
- beach items (beach towels, beach chairs, sunscreen, beach toys, boogie boards, etc.); some homes do provide various beach items and if so they are listed in the home's description - please note that there are no specific quantities of such items as availability of such items for guest use is subject to those items available at the home at the time of stay. If you would like to ensure the quantity and quality of items provided, we highly recommend visiting our Island Services information for local companies where you may rent specific beach items.
- clothing hangers and coat hangers
- iron & ironing board
- paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc.)
- kitchen items (aluminum and plastic wraps, cleaning supplies, plastic garbage bags, liquid dishwasher soap, food and condiments)
- personal toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, bath soap, etc.)
- laundry detergent
- battery operated radio
- Ethernet cable for homes that advertise wired high speed internet for tenant use
All vacation homes are set up for simple housekeeping and cooking. Each vacation home is furnished according to the owner’s taste. Vacation homes vary in amenities, décor, furnishings, etc. Amenities shown in photos are not available for tenant use unless specifically stated in the home's description. All vacation homes provide bedspreads and pillows for the beds (excludes sleeper sofas and futons), a vacuum cleaner, broom, mop, coffee maker (standard unless otherwise specified), toaster or toaster oven, microwave, and other kitchen items for simple meal preparation and serving. If you are planning special meals, you should bring the necessary preparation equipment such as a food processor, blender, special or extra-large pots and pans, chef’s knives, etc. with you.
Other Important Information
Emergency and after hours’ phone numbers: Our office is open daily 9AM - 5PM. For emergencies call 911. For non-emergencies that can’t wait until our office opens at 9:00 AM, please call our office 910-328-5241 and press option 1 to be connected to our After Hours Call Service.
Fireworks, firearms, or bonfires are not permitted in accordance with local and state laws.
Town zoning ordinances restrict the hook-up of any camper, bus, van, or motor home to any vacation home.
Sand dunes: Please use the designated beach access walkways and do not walk or play on the dunes. The sea oats and beach grass help prevent beach erosion. Please do not pick or destroy them. Please don’t litter the beach with trash or cigarette butts — leave only your footprints behind.
Parking space is limited at most vacation homes. Please ask your Vacation Planner about available space for cars and boat trailers. Parking off driveways may damage septic systems.
Maintenance: All equipment in the house should be in proper working order. Promptly give our office written notification of any equipment problems. Every effort will be made to correct the problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment will be made for mechanical failure.
Inspections and repairs: It may be necessary for Topsail Realty team members or authorized representatives including law enforcement officers to enter vacation homes for inspections or to make repairs.
Items left in vacation homes by the tenants: We are not responsible for articles left in vacation homes or theft of any kind. We utilize a local mailing store for the packing and return of left behind items. Unclaimed items will be donated to charity or discarded at the end of each month.
House for sale: A vacation home may be on the market for sale. Owners reserve the right to have their property shown to qualified buyers. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt your vacation.
Tenants’ responsibilities: Tenants are responsible for abiding by all rules, regulations, and instructions provided to Tenants, posted in vacation homes, in the N.C. Vacation Rental Act, the Vacation Rental Agreement, on our website. Any exceptions to the above mentioned rules, regulations, and instructions must be approved in writing in advance by the Owner of Topsail Realty.
Statement of responsibility: Topsail Realty is not responsible for circumstances beyond our control, not limited to but including inclement weather, utility failure, disturbances on nearby property, construction noise or debris, or acts of nature.
Disclosure: In accordance with the National Association of Realtors Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, it is hereby disclosed that Topsail Realty Vacations LLC has a contractual relationship with the Owners represented in Topsail Realty’s advertising. This contractual relationship employs us to act as the Agent of the Owners and treat all parties (Tenants and Owners) honestly, fairly, and in good faith.
Errors and omissions: Every effort is made to ensure that all information and photographs in Topsail Realty’s advertising are accurate and complete. However, Topsail Realty cannot be held responsible for possible typographical errors; omissions; price changes; changes in taxes; changes to Terms and Conditions; or changes made by vacation home owners in furnishings, equipment, or bed arrangements. Vacation homes are privately owned and changes may be made to homes or their contents. Topsail Realty reserves the right to correct any errors.
Locally Managed Homes
Booking a family vacation can be stressful. Don't risk unwanted surprises. We handpick and locally manage every property giving you a consistent experience, every time.
Hassle Free Booking
Browse and book online 24/7, or call one of our top-notch local Vacation Planners. Pay your way with our secure payment portal, giving you ultimate peace of mind.
Guaranteed Best Rates
Why pay more when you don't have to? Topsail Realty offers the best rates anywhere online for our managed vacation properties. Book direct and be assured you are getting the best deal!